Fire destroys home, displaces four
Published 10:35 am Wednesday, January 11, 2017
A home at 1119 W. 8th St. in Victoria was destroyed in a two-alarm fire Sunday morning, displacing four people.
Reports indicate the father and daughter were inside the residence when the fire started.
According to Victoria Fire Chief Rodney Newton, the fire is believed to have started from a wood stove.
According to reports, the mother and son were next door helping a family member when the fire began. The family was able to escape with no injuries.
Kenbridge Fire Department responded to assist Victoria volunteers.
A GoFundMe account has been established for the family to donate money and needed items at https://www.gofundme.com/terra-edmonds-lee-house-fire.
Clothing sizes for the family members include extra-large for the father, large for the son, extra-large for the mother and size 0 for the daughter.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
For more information on donations of clothing, household items and funds, contact Donna Dagner at (434) 321-3054.