VCU Health visitation restrictions relaxed
Published 9:52 pm Friday, May 28, 2021
As the Southside Health District experiences a continued trend of fewer cases of COVID-19, and toward improving the overall patient healing process, VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital (VCU Health CMH) will be relaxing the visitor restrictions a little more.
Beginning June 1, the Emergency Department will allow limited visitation.
Emergency Department Patients
- 1 visitor per patient per day for all non-COVID patients.
- Pediatric patients: Up to two Parents and/or a legal guardian.
- Patients who are at the end of life or critical condition: The number of visitors are determined by the patient’s care team.
General Visitation Rules
- All visitors must be screened and provided a visitor badge or armband.
- All visitors must be always masked.
- Visitors must comply with physical distancing guidelines in all common areas.
- The second-floor lobby waiting area is reserved for outpatient surgical patients and their support person only, all other visitors will be asked to return to their car.
- All visitors will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility and frequently during their stay.
- If patient clinical needs dictate no visitors (i.e. chemotherapy), visitors may be redirected to waiting areas.
- Visiting Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- One visitor allowed at a time per patient for all non-COVID patients. COVID patients are still not allowed to have visitors.
- Labor and Delivery unit: two adult visitors (18 years or older) at a time, allowing one to spend the night.
- Pediatric patients in all units: one adult (18 years or older) visitor at a time, allowing one to spend the night. Parent/POA/guardian may trade off.
- Patients who are at the end of life: The number of visitors is determined by the patient’s care team.
- Special needs patients that require 24/7 assistance may have a caretaker stay with them if in the best interest of patient care.
To reach a patient, please dial (434) 584-****, followed by the four digits of the patient’s room number.
Outpatients and C.A.R.E. Building Appointments
- Surgery patients may be accompanied by one adult companion.
- Patients arriving for doctor’s appointments, evaluation, or diagnostic or therapeutic procedures may be accompanied by one adult companion.
- One visitor is allowed at a time and it must be scheduled in advance. Please call (434) 584-4570 or (434) 584-4579 between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. to schedule a visit for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
It is very important that all visitors maintain appropriate physical distancing in all waiting areas. The health and safety of all patients and staff will continue to be of the utmost importance through this pandemic. Look for further updates as VCU Health CMH continues to make progress in the fight against COVID.